Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Again, Not Again

Just got the word (after following up) that my local opera co "is all set" for supers this summer. I wonder if my name fell off the mailing list - Now that I think about it, I haven't gotten any of the emails about supering over the past several months. Then by the time I follow up, it's too late - the parts are filled. Oh well. I'm sad, because I really do like to do it, but also relieved, because that means, no conflict with the upcoming Opera Project recital, if I am chosen to sing in that. And no conflict with various upcoming parties and other events. I won't miss the waiting around at rehearsals, the sweating and the possibly uncomfortable costumes. I will miss seeing how a production evolves through rehearsals into its own organic entity. I will try to get out there this summer to see the performances. Definitely Don Giovanni - the director is the same person who directed Traviata, which I did super in, and I'd like to see his take on Giovanni. Plus It's Mozart!!!

No comments: