Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Does Anyone Here Know How to Use an iPhone?"

asked Juan Diego, after one person took blurry pictures, and the next cut his head off. "I think you and I might be the only ones," I said, turning to him, "I'm happy to stand here with your arm around me for as long as it takes to get a good shot, but I don't want to hog you. Everyone here wants a piece of you." Yes, I actually said that. So here are the craptastic photos. Several people were taking pictures of us with their own cameras but I was too boneheaded to think to give them my email address. So if on the odd chance any of you read this, and you have pictures of me and the Florezberry, please post a comment!

Details on the rest of the evening to follow tomorrow. Tomorrow! OMG! Tomorrow is my birthday. Happy Birthday, me.

Here I am at Intermission: *Heh heh I stretched out the picture so I look taller and a little thinner. I like that feature of blogger!


Is this legitimate????




Blurry and cut off pictures of me and the Florezberry himself, Juan Diego Florez.





6 comments:

Parsifal said...

Happy Birthday Susan!!! I'm glad you got to meet JDF, waiting for the Fille report though!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! LUCKY YOU! AAAAAAH! JEALOUS!

Well, see? Now we've been in the same spot. I stood there countless times waiting to grope, um, I mean, um, greet Damrau.

Well, the pictures actually came out REALLY nicely. You look lovely.
You'll have to give a full report of the day!

Argh! Off to punch a pillow now (and no, I'm not going to imagine that it's your face).

-Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Did you get any pics of Dessay?

Lydia said...

Ahhh I'm sooooooooo jealous!!!! I saw the HD transmission and my friend and I fell in love with JDF and his adorableness. =)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Some of the pictures with JDF came out very well.

Susan said...

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes!

Jimmy - Since when does a 17 year old boy use the word "lovely"? ;) I did recognize the wall from your pictures with DianaD.

Didn't get any pics of Dessay. (Jimmy are you that anon poster?)

Lydia- He's cuter in person, and that voice live... OMG! Unreal!

John - You're just being nice - those pictures are either blurry, cut off or one of us is making a strange face, or a combo of the three. My pictures with That Other Guy came out much better. ;)